Resiliently You Teen
June 17 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$270
Teens face so much more pressure today than they ever did in the past. There’s pressure to be involved in extra-curricular activities, to get into a “good” college/university, to have the “perfect” body, and to be constantly connected to technology and social media and available to everyone all of the time. On top of that, the pandemic created so many changes and led to so many losses for teens, that we are seeing an increased level of anxiety in this age group.
Even though anxiety is common, it does have to be managed or it can spiral into something bigger than they can control. That’s why Resiliently You Teens was designed to help them learn to live with anxiety without letting it take control and get in the way of their everyday life.
Resiliently You Teens is a 6-week program which I have condensed to one day and it’s suitable for children 11-16 years. Your teen will make a collection of coping tools and they will learn calming strategies to use in their day-day life in order to manage their anxiety.
- Define anxiety, understand our fight or flight response, identify anxiety patterns, and discuss prevention and intervention for anxiety
- Learning to use our bodies to reduce anxiety through yoga, movement, healthy eating and breath work
- Learning to use our minds to reduce anxiety through journaling, grounding techniques, and meditation
- Learning habits and management skills such as time management, thought flipping, problem solving and simple cognitive behaviour therapy techniques to reduce anxiety
- Using positive affirmations and gratitude to reduce anxiety
- Learning to separate yourself from other’s problems and balance social media use
**Fees are non-refundable*